If you love your crepes and your pancakes, this banana pancake recipe will brighten up your day, guaranteed! They’re sweet thanks to the magic of the speckled ripe bananas, and they’re also reminiscent to that of a crepe, giving it that ‘lil chewy factor which I like.
Packed with banana goodness, topped off with chocolate peanut butter and white chocolate cranberry granola — our banana pancake recipe is decadent and fit for a cosy brunch.
(yields 6 servings, 12 pancakes)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons and 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, egg, milk and vegetable oil.
3. Add the flour mixture into the banana mixture and whisk till combined.
4. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium-high heat.
5. Pour or scoop the batter onto the frying pan. I used a ladle to make things easier!
6. Put it on low heat and cook for 3 minutes per side or until pancakes are golden brown.
Now’s the fun part — toppings! Of course, we’ve got to have the star of it all: bananas. After which, we drizzled a hearty amount of Amazin’ Graze’s Honestly Chocolate Peanut Butter for that nutty flavour.
And for that extra dose of merriment, we sprinkled a trail of Amazin’ Graze’s White Chocolate Cranberry Granola as well. Yummy!
And there you have it! A simple chocolatey nutty banana pancake dish that’ll make for a delectable brunch or a filling late afternoon snack. Enjoy!