Shilin’s mum is a wonderful cook, as you might have guessed from her yummy Egg Crepe and Coffee Buns recipes (Try it!). While restaurant reunions have almost become a Chinese New Year tradition on their own, there’s always something incomparably warm and fuzzy about home cooked reunions. The season of feasting is upon us, so we decided to rope in our mums again for some family-favourite CNY recipes. For a hearty and filling dish brimming with prawn, pork, corn and served in simmering gravy, Yokey (Shilin’s mum) shares her Minced Pork & Prawns Stuffed Mushroom Recipe. You’ll love these stuffed mushroom caps because they’re so wholesome, packed with flavour and surprisingly simple to make!
Yokey’s Minced Pork & Prawns Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
Makes 6 stuffed mushrooms
- 6 Mushrooms
- 6 Prawns
- 60g Minced Pork
- 1/2 cup Broccoli
- Corn (adjust to your preference)
- 1/2 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Egg White
1. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and set aside. Wipe the mushroom caps with a clean towel.
2. Combine the corn, minced prawns and pork. Season with soya sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, sesame oil and egg white, mix well.
3. Divide the prawn mixture among the mushroom caps. Stuff the mushroom caps — see the GIF for reference!
4. Steam the stuffed mushrooms for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. While the mushrooms are steaming, boil the broccoli.
6. Simmer the leftover sauce from the steamed mushrooms, and pour over the steamed mushrooms and boiled broccoli to serve.
7. Ready to serve, enjoy!
From our kitchen to yours, we hope you enjoy these recipes made with love. Happy Chinese New Year!
Cheers to pineapple tarts,